Friday, August 12, 2011

The Reveal...

It's DONE!  I couldn't be more excited to reveal the final product.  After three weeks of being kitchenless with anticipation growing, I must say that we've finally come to the end and it is PERFECT...Let me let the pictures speak.
You might first notice the grey countertops - not what we discussed, I know.  It's just that I was so set with the stainless that when that grey revealed itself to me, I knew I wanted it because it was the most like what I had my heart set on and I couldn't be happier.  It looks like concrete which I also couldn't have because of our raised foundation that tends to settle and I don't want cracked concrete.  Also note, I love the way the handles turned out.  We had a lot of discussion about how to put the handles and I'm so happy that we did (I also really love the long handles!).



Please don't expect me to remove the photos from my fridge, I won't!  See the sparkly dishwasher?  I'm in heaven.  And yes, I've put as many items in the two loads that I've done in there as would fit.  Mostly because I like the light that says "sanitized."  I like sanitization.  I'm extremely pleased with how the faucet looks and I'm enjoying having a soap dispenser.


Built in microwaves are fun and now I don't have a giant appliance taking up counter space.



I think aside from the dishwasher this is rapidly approaching as my favorite part - those glass cabinets are so pretty to look at and I've already rearranged what's in them.  We had reloaded the glasses and dishes back into the cabinets when I remembered that I had these goblets that were sweet hubby's grandma's.  They're gorgeous and I'm proud to display them.  There is one thing that we're waiting on.  The cabinet maker didn't put glass shelves in the cabinets but we have lights in them.  In order for the light to shine all the way down them there needs to be glass shelves.  We're working on that.  I'm also really enjoying that nice big cabinet on the left, such a great big space that I didn't have before.  


All in all, we are so pleased.  I love everything.  All the self closers are great and we like the flooring.  I know that grey or white walls were the suggested color but I'm really enjoying the aqua - it's pretty and it brings some color and life into my little space. 

So to recap, this is what it looked like before:



I'm loving cooking for sweet hubby and being in that lovely space.  We can't wait to entertain!

2 comments:

  1. Umm... can you reach those cabinets above the fridge and microwave? Hahaha... jk Jen I love you!!! And your kitchen. So what time is dinner?

    ReplyDelete