Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm busy

So much so that I've been neglecting everyone who reads this - everyone = Stephanie (whose blog you should definitely check out because she's amazing and finds the time to write often).

Handsome hubby and I went to Mammoth Lakes this weekend.  It was a total surprise for me.  He managed to plan the whole deal single-handedly behind my back.  I even came home to an "itinerary" two Fridays ago.  He called it the "Fall Colors Romantic Getaway" and it was just that. 

We stayed at the Westin in Mammoth Lakes:


In a room like this one:


He did a great job on the hotel - it was gorgeous and he chose the Fall Colors package which allowed us to be in a suite and eat breakfast (very expensive, yummy breakfast) on the hotel.

We proceeded to also go to Bodie which is the largest unrestored ghost town.  It was super cool and somewhat eerie.  Just thinking about who would have lived there and the act of just abandoning a whole town with everything still in it.


This is the inside of one of the homes - with everything still in it.  


I got a little artsy with the camera and I really like this one:



The fall colors in Mammoth at this time are incredible.  Absolutely breathtaking:






And here we are - one photo just so people believe we were actually there :)



Someday maybe I'll be a better blogger - someday.



2 comments: